Thursday, December 6, 2012

DermaBLISS!

Caroline had her first appointment with Dr. Alanna Bree today, and it went amazing!!!  :) Dr. Bree walked in and we hit it off immediately.  We made the appointment yesterday to discuss a rash on the back of C's neck that is working its way into her scalp.  We have been battling it for a few weeks now, and it just won't go away and stay away.  Dr. Bree fit us right in and spent 45 minutes in the room with us answering all of my questions.  She gave us lots of samples and lots of answers too!  She believes that due to Caroline's ichthyosis, she is developing an allergy to the aquaphor ointment that we use faithfully.  She said that it contains lanolin and Caroline is one of those rare cases, where it stops working the way we want it to.  We are switching over to the vanicream products that do not have lanolin.  Dr. Bree was very thorough and is anxious to look at C's medical records to see what she can figure out.  While looking at C she even called her "Lovebug."  I knew right then and there that God put her in our lives!  Have you ever had one of those times where you struggle with what to do (I struggled with whether of not to switch to a new dermatologist) and then everything ends up way better than you ever could have hoped?!?  That was us today!   As we were leaving the office, Dr. Bree looked me in the eye and told me that she knows that this is probably not how I had imagined things would go, but that she know that Caroline is a HUGE blessing to us.  She gave me a hug, and the waterworks began!  She is an amazing Dr. with a bedside manner that is so phenomenal and not always what you find these days.  I would recommend her highly to anyone needing a pediatric dermatologist.  She used to be at TCH and now has her own practice a Dermatology Specialists of Houston in Bellaire.  She even has a summer camp that she runs for kids with skin issues.  Can you tell I am impressed?  Thank you Dr. Batchelor for your referral!  I should have done this a long time ago!

Please say a special prayer for baby London Lara tonight and all day tomorrow.  My heart breaks to think about what his mommy and daddy will go through tomorrow.  There are no words to express how I feel.  May their time tomorrow be full of grace and love!  Out thoughts and prayers are with you all!

https://www.facebook.com/LovingLondonLara


 

No comments:

Post a Comment