Sunday, January 15, 2012

Patience is a virtue... right?!?

Time seems to be FLYING by!  I can't believe that we are already in the second semester at school, and that my little Lovebug is about to be a year old!!!  Caroline is doing great in her back brace.  It has taken some getting used to for Billy and I, but it has really made a difference for her.  She seems to be doing a better job at holding her head up now that she doesn't have to focus so much on her trunk support.  The biggest issue is getting it on and off to change her diaper and feed her.  She is even starting to sit in her jumper and be quite active!!!  :)  Billy and Nanny took Caroline to the geneticist this month, and we got some updates from him.  So far, all of the testing they have done has come back normal.  Normal is good, but that still leaves us with no answers.  They have decided to wait a year before they do any further testing.  Once we see how she progresses, and give her a little more time, hopefully they will come closer to finding out exactly what is going on.  Patience is a virtue, right?!?  I was hoping to have a diagnoses by the time she was a year old, but it just doesn't look like that will be the case.  Scottish Rite called on Friday, and they have accepted Caroline as a patient. We have our first appointment on February 24th.  Billy will be filing his 10K that day, so he won't be able to go with us, but Nanny and Poptart are going to come!   For now, we are busy planning a Lovebug themed birthday party!  Nanny and Billy have both let me know that they think I am going overboard!  I am, I admit it, but that isn't slowing me down!  I can't wait to celebrate the absolute BEST year of our lives!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment