Wow!!! I had no idea it had been SO long since I have updated Lovebug's blog!!! TIme flies when you are having fun! I guess I should start by saying what a blessing it is to have had the opportunity to stay home with Caroline this year. I sure do miss all my friends at work, and all the fun we had, but there is no place I would rather be that here with my boo! I am able to be involved in all of her weekly therapies, attend all of her doctors appointments, and spend lots of quality time with C. We get to go to the zoo and the park with several friends, and C has also started a Mother's Day Out program at the local church. She really enjoys being with her peers, and her super sweet nurse Eva goes with her. Eva took Melissa's place when she moved, and she has been such a blessing. I am overwhelmed by how lucky we have been to have such wonderful doctors, therapists and nurses to be a part of our lives. We finally got a diagnosis for Caroline in November, but it really didn't tell us much more than we already knew. She has a very rare genetic disorder (only the third reported case in the world). With that being said, we are still taking things day by day and crossing bridges as we get to them. Caroline turned 3 last month, and is growing like a weed. She had her first expansion surgery on her rods in her back, and other than a small set back with getting her breathing on track right after surgery, she did great! She only had to stay in the hospital for one night! Billy and I bought a new minivan to cart our precious cargo in, and I know you may find this hard to believe, but we really like it! It is so much more convenient!!! We have transformed our extra bedroom into a therapy/ playroom for Caroline so that we no longer have to carry her up the stairs, and it is a kids dream room!!! She has lots of toys, music, movies and even a rocking chair to keep her comfy! As you all know, we absolutely love the newest addition to our family... LUCY! She is the sweetest puppy I have ever been around, and she absolutely loves Caroline! She snuggles in her lap everytime she is sitting alone, and crawls under her bed every night when we tuck her in. They are two peas in a pod!!! Since I have been staying home, I have become involved in a Special Mom's Group in our area. It has been such a wonderful thing for me. We have such a strong bond and just totally "get" each other. There is nothing like having someone to confide in that is going through the same things you are! We get to celebrate all of the small milestones (which are BIG for our kiddos) and pep each other up when we need a swift kick to stay positive. My weekly coffee with them is one of the highlights of my week! As most of you know, Caroline has the most amazing angel that looks down on us from heaven now. We sure do miss Poptart. I thank God that Caroline was able to be a big part of his life before he was called home. I will always hold those memories close to my heart. We can't wait for the weather to warm up so that we can swing in her special swing he made for her. Thank you for all being such wonderful supporters of our family. We couldn't do it without all of your prayers and friendships. We love each of you. XOXO
Claire, I LOVE the pic of C and her Poptart! Previous!
ReplyDeletePrecious not previous
ReplyDelete